Moreish muffins for any day of the week packed with berry goodness.
- 225g self-raising flour
- 150g plain flour
- 115g soft brown sugar
- 150g mixed blueberries and raspberries, frozen
- 2 eggs
- 250ml milk
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
- 100g toasted muesli
- Preheat oven to 210C (410F). Brush a 12-hole muffin tin with melted butter or oil. Sift the self-raising and plain flour into a large mixing bowl, stir in the brown sugar and berries and make a well in the centre.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a jug, and pour into the well in the dry ingredients along with the butter. Stir with a spoon until just combined. Do not overmix – the mixture should be lumpy. Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin, filling each hole about three-quarters full.
- Sprinkle some toasted muesli onto each muffin, then bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before lifting out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: berry muffin