A marvellous spread of mini puff canapes to go with drinks.
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground mixed spice
- 220g cheddar cheese
- 100g white grapes
- 100g chorizo or kransky sausage
- Put pastry sheets on bench to thaw. Heat oven to 200C (400F).
- Cut pastry into about forty 7cm / 2.5 inch squares.
- Beat the eggs with the water and spices and brush some of this mixture over the pastry squares.
- Cut the cheese into tiny cubes. Halve the grapes. Slice the sausage into small pieces.
- Place a cube of cheese, half grape and piece of sausage on each pastry square. Bring the corners of the pastry inwards to form an envelope, and press together firmly. Cut small rounds from the pastry trimmings and press on the envelopes to seal. Brush with the remaining egg mixture.
- Place on a baking tray sprinkled with cold water and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.