Tiny ginger infused shortbread cookies, great for snacking and with tea.
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 100g unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 60g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped crystallised or glace ginger
- Preheat oven to 180C (355F). Line two biscuit trays with baking paper.
- Place flours, butter and sugar into food processor. Pulse until the mixture forms a dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead and bring together with your hands into a smooth dough.
- Roll teaspoons of mixture into balls. Place onto prepared trays, and press with fork to create a criss-cross pattern. Bake for 15 minutes until just golden. Let cool on a wire rack completely before filling (can be prepared up to a day ahead).
- To make filling and assemble: Using electric beaters, beat sugar and butter until light and creamy; add ginger and beat until combined. Spread half the biscuits with filling and sandwich with plain one to make your little gems!
Keywords: ginger shortbread gem, cookie, ginger, biscuit