Who loves Mexican food? Everyone, that’s who! For an easy Mexican dinner idea, look no further.
A lot of us are on high-protein, low-carb diets these days. Especially if you are doing any kind of training in the gym. But getting stuck what to eat, here’s a recipe you’ll want to save for later, and make again and again.
The corn salsa is super-quick and only uses a few fresh ingredients and livens up any dish as a side, especially in summer. Go ahead and eliminate the cheese topping on the meatloaves if you’re really counting the calories, or sneak this one in as a cheat-day meal while still sticking close to your macros. Best of all, these will feed a table of hungry guys, or leave you enough left over for meal prep during the week.Print
A filling high protein, low carb mexican dish for an easy summer family dinner, great easy Mexican dinner idea.
For the corn salsa:
- 6 corn cobs, outer leaves removed
- 3 red chilis, deseeded, finely diced
- 1 lemon
- ½ bunch fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
For the meatloaves:
- 750g beef mince
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 egg
- 30g sachet taco spice mix
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Place the corn into the water and boil for 12-15 minutes. Drain and rinse under water to cool. Use a sharp knife to slice the kernels from the cobb.
- Slice lemon in half and juice, then combine corn, diced chilis, coriander and lemon juice in a large bowl. Allow to chill for about an hour to develop flavour.
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C (350°F). Lightly grease and line recesses of an 8-hole mini loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a bowl, combine mince, beans, breadcrumbs, onion, egg, taco mix and coriander.
- Press mixture into the recesses, smoothing the surfaces. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
- Drain juices. Sprinkle loaves evenly with grated cheese. Bake for 4-5 minutes until melted. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Lift out and serve with extra coriander, the corn salsa, and long grain rice.
Keywords: Mexican, Mexican Dinner Ideas